Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Illustration Friday: "Speed"

(Or, "Portrait of the Artist As An Extremely Amateur Athlete")

This weekend, I ran my first road race. I am not at all speedy, but did better than I expected. Five WHOLE miles. That's, like, a lot, right?

Anyway, according to my friend Sherry, my "running face" (everyone's got one, and it often ain't pretty) consists of half-closed eyes (like I'm half asleep)..a little something, I imagine, like this...

I'm all, "Feets don't fail me now!"

Here's the close-up of The Face Of Sleepy Determination, if anyone needs inspiration to get out there and bust a move:

4 Comments:

Blogger Saul Iscariot said...

I'm sure I look like that when I run about 100 metres, let alone 5 miles. Congrats on that and a lovely picture so full of character.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Dear, dear she looks worn out for sure!!! EXCELLENT take on the topic!

7:58 PM  
Blogger flossy-p said...

teehehehe. Your "running face" looks alot like my "trying to make myself get out of bed and go to work face".

3:31 AM  
Blogger doodlegirl said...

That is so funny! Very cute! And congratulations on running 5 miles! I think it's an accomplishment when I run one! (My sister runs 100-mile endurance runs all the time and has Lupes. Imagine that!)

Think I'll go take a nap now....

http://www.doodlegirl.com/blogger.html

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home